This is my favourite homemade wrinkle anti-age cream recipe. It’s kind of an overnight cream and is much cheaper than the commercially available creams. It’s also more gentle on your skin.
This recipe is specifically designed to be a great homemade facial moisturizer for aging skin. A homemade wrinkle cream that will boost your skin health.
How To Make The Anti-Age Wrinkle Cream
Before I go on to the specific recipe, I want to share with you some important information.
- This natural night cream recipe is great for skin that’s starting to age.
- Many anti-aging products on the market contain small amounts of harmful ingredients (simply said, these are the chemicals). Although they may seem small in quantity, the harmful ingredients can be no less irritating to your skin and are able to worsen its condition over the course of time. You won’t need to use any harsh substances or dry chemicals when making your own wrinkle creams or when you follow other self-care ideas. Your skin will feel much smoother and more supple immediately.
- While wrinkles and fine lines are a hallmark of aging skin, there are other signs that can be seen and are more frustrating as well. As we age, our pores become larger, and the skin underneath our eyes may appear darker and puffier. Hydration is key to maintaining youthful, wrinkle-free skin. It is also the key to keeping your skin hydrated from the inside. Then, you can use non-drying creams to increase the hydration on the outside.
- Moisturizers contain natural antioxidants, which help protect your skin from UV rays. They also aid in the renewal of your skin cells. These benefits are not only beneficial, but they can also reduce the appearance and size of the dark circles under your eyes.
- This night cream recipe combines a blend of beneficial oils and a nourishing herbal infusion. It’s a great anti-wrinkle cream that can be used to combat any signs of aging. It’s also very simple to make.
- The cream can be used on your face, as well as your body.
Other Important Info
- These are not overnight treatments. They contain citrus essential oils, which should be avoided in direct sunlight. You can substitute essential oils with non-citrus options if you wish to use these recipes for daytime creams.
- Remember to use a digital scale to measure ingredients. It is important to work with oils accurately and also with various kinds of fatty ingredients. It is a must to know how to measure your ingredients properly.
- Also, the recipes are made with water and oils, so you should use a preservative of 1%. You can do it without, however, this will reduce your shelf life from 12 months to just a few days. In various posts around the web, you may find further information on this topic.
- However, if it isn’t a handmade gift, and it’s only for you (and I don’t know why anyone would give it away), there’s no problem. You can simply halve, quarter, or divide the recipe between making enough for a week.
- Create a moisturizer that is oil-based, which could have a shelf life of 12 months depending on what oil you use.
About the Ingredients in this Recipe
This recipe has been chosen to promote rapid and complete absorption. It also prevents lingering greasiness.
- Avocado oil can be used for all skin types. It is known for its ability to soften, soothe and condition the skin. It works well as a carrier oil and in skin care creams.
- Argan oil can be used to moisturize and protect dry or mature skin.
- Calendula, a powerful flower, is an excellent base for creams and salves as well as facial recipes. The skin is cool and gentle on the skin, making it ideal for baby calendula oil recipes. It is very helpful for skin flakiness or dryness and gives homemade wrinkle cream a soothing effect.
- Frankincense essential oils can slow down wrinkle formation and possibly even reduce the severity of existing wrinkles.
- The essential oil of lemon helps to reduce facial wrinkles, improve skin circulation and clear the skin. Lemons can brighten the skin of those with shallower skin types and have mild bleaching effects on age spots. This can give your skin a younger appearance.
Oil Substitutes – Evening Primrose Oil, Wheat Germ, and Peach Kernel are all great skincare oils. Although the cream will take longer to absorb, you may be willing to substitute Argan or Avocado for any of the four.
I hope the recipe described above will be useful and will work as an inspiration for others to create various homemade anti-aging products by themselves.
Who is the author?
Julia Davis is a marketing professional who likes to dabble in creative writing and making homemade anti-aging creams.