Pregnancy is one of the most crucial stages in a woman’s life, and due to hormonal changes and other bodily reactions, their teeth might get decayed, and they might suffer from bleeding gums also during this time. It is very important to consult with a dentist to keep their teeth healthy and fit. Going for a regular dental check-up is a highly safe and vital point for women’s dental health during pregnancy.
Be Broad With Your Dentist
Along with taking the best care of cleaning along with vital procedures like filling cavities, your dentist will be in a favorable position to assist you in coping up with pregnancy-related dental symptoms.
It is advisable to let your dentist know about your pregnancy. Also, let him know about medications that you are taking along with the advice you are fetching from your family physician.
Oral Issues In Case Of Pregnancy
Though the best care is taken, pregnancy may arise some sort of dental issues. Regular checkups along with good dental habits will keep you along with your baby in good health. Some of those issues include:
- Pregnancy Gingivitis – This issue is generally seen at the time of pregnancy that leads towards inflammation of gums that lead towards swelling and tenderness. It may also lead to bleeding of gums at the time of brushing or flossing. Frequent cleaning from the expert can provide a viable solution to this problem.
- Enhanced Risks of Tooth Decay – Pregnant women are highly prone to cavities that may finally lead towards a higher risk of tooth decay. Morning sickness may further deteriorate the condition. Brushing along with flossing on a regular basis will prevent the decaying of teeth.
- Pregnancy Tumors – In the case of some women’s pregnancy tumors appear on gums during the second trimester. Excess plaque may be its vital cause thus leading to excessive bleeding along with a redraw-looking appearance. Rather than leaving it unattended, you must talk to your dentist immediately.
When it comes to medication, your dental professional must be aware of medications along with over-the-counter drugs taken by you. It will help your dentist determine the best-suited medicine to suit your needs along with ensuring high safety.
How To Ensure Best Oral Care During and After Pregnancy?
Even if you require a filling, pulling out of teeth, or root canal treatment during your pregnancy session; you need not worry regarding its safety as the best medications will be provided that will offer a high level of safety. They will be a safe option for you as well as your baby.
Dentists nowadays cover the whole body of their respective patients with high-quality aprons thus preventing you and your baby from radiation. Some of the easiest ways to ensure you get the best oral care during and after pregnancy include:
- Keeping Up With Regular Dental Visits – It is better to visit a dentist who has enough experience in treating pregnant patients to get the best care.
- Coping With Morning Sickness – It is good to rinse your mouth with water or a good mouthwash after vomiting. Stomach acids may erode highly protective tooth enamel. Also brushing your teeth in a gentle manner will also be a fruitful deal.
- Eating A Tooth-Friendly Diet – It is recommended to consume a highly nutritious diet, as it is vital for prenatal care. Such diet charts may include dairy products like yogurt and cheese. Being rich in calcium and other necessary minerals, they are good for you as well as your baby.
This is all about maintaining healthy teeth during pregnancy. It is better to stay under the guidance of your family dentist during pregnancy, as he or she will be aware of the family dental history.