Celebrate The Healing Power of CBD!
April is National Cannabis Awareness Month and the perfect time to shed light on the healing potential of CBD1
Cannabis has always had a reputation of being a miracle herb in traditional healing methods and has been used and cultivated by mankind for at least 6000 years.2
CBD, which stands for cannabidiol, is a chemical compound from the Cannabis Sativa plant. While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant – a cousin of the marijuana plant.3 & 4
Contrary to what some may believe, CBD is entirely free of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, which means you can enjoy all the natural health benefits of cannabis without the disadvantage of any psychoactive effects.4
With the popularity of CBD health products blooming, it’s natural to wonder what CBD is, and more importantly, what benefits this gift from nature possesses.
Anyone interested in understanding the role and significance of CBD must first understand the Human Endocannabinoid System’s functioning (ECS).5
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) can be thought of as the body’s air traffic control centre. It controls physiological processes, including appetite and pain sensation. The ECS consists of two primary cannabinoid receptors: CB1 receptors (most concentrated in the central nervous system and brain) and CB2 receptors (abundant in the immunological tissues and modulate cell fate).5
The natural cannabinoids and phytonutrients found in CBD communicate with these signal receptors of the ECS to provide an effective way to reduce pain, inflammation, stress, sleep disorders, and much more.6
Introducing ADCO CBD
This ground-breaking research into different forms of CBD led pharmaceutical company, Adcock Ingram, to launch the ADCO CBD range of products. The range consists of ADCO CBD STRESS7, available in drops, and capsule format. ADCO CBD DAILY8, available in drop and capsule format. ADCO CBD PAIN9 products are produced in drops, capsules, and gel format.10
Trusted, reliable, reputable ADCO CBD products are available from the ADCO CBD online store – https://www.adcocbd.co.za/shop as well as independent pharmacies and selected Clicks and Dis-Chem stores. For more information, visit the website and join the conversations on Facebook and Instagram. #ADCOCBD #onlineshopping #healthandwellness #celebratingCBD
- National Day Calendar. National Cannabis awareness month [Internet] 2013-2022. Available from: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-cannabis-awareness-month-april/
- Atakan Z. Cannabis, a complex plant: different compounds and different effects on individuals. Ther Adv Psychopharmacol. 2012;2(6):241-254. Available from : doi:10.1177/2045125312457586
- Morales P, Hurst DP, Reggio PH. Molecular targets of the phytocannabinoids – a complex picture. Prog Chem Org Nat Prod 2017;103:103–131. Available from: doi:10.1007/978-3-319-45541-9_4.
- ProCon.Org. What is Cannabidiol (CBD)? [Internet]. 2020. Available from: https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/questions/what-is-cannabidiol-cbd/
- Nahtigal I, Blake A, Hand A, et al. The pharmacological properties of cannabis. J Pain Manage 2016;9(4):481-491.
- Corroon J, Phillips JA. A cross-sectional study of cannabidiol users. J Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research 2018;3.1:152-161. Available from DOI: 10.1089/can.2018.0006
- ADCO CBD Stress. Professional information leaflet. 25 November 2019.
- ADCO CBD Daily. Professional information leaflet. 9 December 2019.
- ADCO CBD Pain. Professional information leaflet. 25 November 2019.
- ADCO CBD Pain Gel. Professional information leaflet. 30 January 2020.