Try this delicious veggie meal this weekend.
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 3ml (½ tsp) mustard seeds
- 3ml (½ tsp) cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3ml (½ tsp) crushed garlic
- 3ml (½ tsp) crushed ginger
- 3ml (½ tsp) garam masala
- 3ml (½ tsp) turmeric powder
- 1 whole red chilli, reseeded and sliced
- 1 tomato, grated
- 250ml (1 cup) frozen peas
- 1 block firm tofu, cut in cubes
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) fresh coriander leaves
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, then cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and ginger, and fry until the onion turns golden brown.
- Mix in garamma sala, turmeric powder, and the red chilli, then add the grated tomato.
- Cover and simmer for 1 minute, then add peas, cubed tofu, and fresh coriander.
- Continue to simmer until the tomato forms a thick gravy, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach.
- Season with salt and cook for 5-8 minutes; add a little water while simmering if necessary, to prevent burning.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with Spekko Parboiled LongGrain Rice.