Did you know that Nestlé recently released a meat-free alternative range? The new range, Harvest Gourmet™, is a meat-free alternative that’s perfect for flexitarians, vegetarians, and vegans. The range offers three products that are easy and fun to cook with. If you’re not sure where to start, then read on for three recipes that are sure to make you popular at dinner time.
Meat-Free Harvest Gourmet™ Recipes
Roast Winter Veggie Salad with Harvest Gourmet™ Schnitzel
Who doesn’t enjoy a warm veggie salad?
- HARVEST GOURMET™ SCHNITZEL
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 large red onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly roasted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, lightly roasted
- 2 cups of couscous, prepared
- 1 handful feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 200g coconut shavings
Method of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Toss the butternut and onions with olive oil, seasoning, and chickpeas, then roast for 20 minutes or until caramelized and tender.
- In a bowl, toss the couscous, coconut shavings, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese. Add the roast veggies and chickpeas to the mix and toss again. Put the salad aside.
- 3. Heat up olive oil in a pan. Place HARVEST GOURMET™ SCHNITZEL and fry until brown on both sides.
- 4. Serve with balsamic vinegar
HARVEST GOURMET Pineapple Special Burger
This is an easy and tasty burger that the whole family can enjoy on a Saturday afternoon.
- 2x Harvest Gourmet Patties
- x2 Buns
- 2x Thin Slices Of Onions
- 1X Spoon Mustard
- Slice of pineapple
- Olive Oil
- Lay burger patties in patties pan of olive oil
- Fry until medium-ready.
- Cut to test if not pink inside.
- Cut each bun in the middle and lay buns out and butter each side
- Grill in the pan until lightly toasted
- Spread mustard on each bottom bun
- Stack the lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, burger patty, pineapple, rocket, and cheese.
- Set the bun tops in place
HARVEST GOURMET Chargrilled Avo Wrap
Who doesn’t love avo? It adds flavour to any meal, and it’s great for your health. So treat yourself to this delicious avo wrap!
- Harvest Gourmet™ Chargrilled pieces
- Avocado (chopped)
- Tortilla wraps
- Tomatoes (chopped)
- Honey mustard
- Heat up the pan with olive oil
- Throw in the chargrilled pieces and fry until medium brown
- Place a tortilla wrap on a plate
- Add honey mustard
- Layer with lettuce, followed by the tomatoes and then the avocados
- Add the chargrilled pieces
- Fold the wrap by starting from the bottom up, and then left to right