There are many benefits that stem cell treatment can confer to patients. However, it is important for interested individuals to seek treatment at an acclaimed regenerative medicine center. This will ensure that they get professional care and a positive outcome. This article will dive into further detail on the advantages that can be gained from stem cell treatment, what diseases it works for, and where to get the therapy.
What are stem cells?
Stem cells (SCs) are cells in the body that are responsible for producing all other types of cells. This means that all the specialized cells found in tissue like bone, muscle, skin, and organs, were all derived from stem cells at one point in the development of the body.
SCs are undifferentiated cells, which means that they are yet to commit to a final form. They can be found in different places in the body, and at different stages of life. For the therapy, stem cells can be harvested from the umbilical cord and adult tissues like the bone marrow or fat.
How stem cell treatment works
Since SCs are undifferentiated and have the potential to turn into almost any kind of tissue in the body, these cells can be used to replace damaged cells. For example, a treatment protocol is being developed where this can be used to replace nerve cells in the brain which were damaged after a stroke.
In the current treatment protocols offered by various stem cell centers, they do not simply serve as a replacement; these cells also release certain substances (factors, exosomes, etc.) that help regulate the regeneration process, reduce inflammation, restore blood flow, and heal damaged tissues. One of the popular services, for example, is stem cell treatment for knees in chronic conditions like arthritis.
Benefits of stem cell treatment
Compared to traditional means of treatment, whether surgical or medical, stem cell therapy provides many benefits:
- Improves quality of life in many diseases: The most obvious benefit of cell-based therapy is that it is there to help improve a difficult condition that a patient is living with. A person who gets better is able to live more comfortably when certain symptoms have improved significantly.
- Serves as an alternative to surgery: Many patients would rather opt for medical options for conditions rather than surgical ones, where available. For patients with arthritis of the knee or hip, for instance, it may usually seem like joint replacement surgery is the only effective option. However, stem cells provide a great alternative, since they eliminate pain, relieve inflammation, improve the mobility of the affected joint, and in successful cases of therapy, even partially restore damaged tissue.
- Provides hope for treating difficult conditions: Patients who suffer from stroke, diabetes, autism, spinal cord injury, and so on, may have options for managing their condition, but they can’t be cured entirely. The good thing is that SCs may provide hope for long-term improvement in symptoms. For instance, stem cell back treatment provided a novel way to take care of people with spinal cord injuries, with significant positive effects, which is currently not possible with any other medical means.
- Can simultaneously improve minor complaints: While a patient might come in to treat a major complaint, stem cells can help revitalize the whole body, particularly when given as infusions. This means minor complaints, such as fatigue, decreased performance, or minor pain, can be taken care of.
- Relatively safe treatment method: Stem cells are a safe means of treatment, which has been confirmed by numerous studies and trials. A study using SCs to treat heart disease found the treatment to have no adverse events. In addition, unlike most medications prescribed for certain health conditions, cell-based therapy does not have significant side effects and is well tolerated at any age.
Stem cell therapy at Swiss Medica in Serbia
Swiss Medica Serbia is one of the stem cell treatment centers providing cell-based therapy for hard-to-treat health conditions. The Clinic has been around for 10 years, with nearly 1200 patients treated over that period. Swiss Medica utilizes mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) for all their treatments, growing cells and preparing cell-based products at their own laboratory. These particular stem cells have been shown to be comparably safe, with no serious side effects.
The Clinic recognizes that each patient is unique, and their approach to treatment is in a personalized manner to achieve the best possible result for a patient, depending on his or her condition.
A team of professionals
The team consists of certified professionals, with several decades of experience between them. The healthcare personnel are all multilingual, which makes communication with international patients quite natural.
Not only that, but treatment in this center is holistic, with comfortable accommodations for clients, a team dedicated to housekeeping, and another for meals. Along with stem cell treatment, patients receive medication or other forms of therapy where required, to ensure that they are treated well.
What diseases can be treated at Swiss Medica in Serbia?
The qualified team of healthcare workers at Swiss Medica are capable of utilizing mesenchymal stem cells to treat a wide variety of conditions. These include the following:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Post-stroke condition
One of the best ways to understand what to expect at a center like Swiss Medica is to listen to reviews from real patients who have received treatment at the facility. There are so many success stories from individuals who have had their lives changed by stem cell therapy that they received at the Clinic.
Patient testimonials can give prospective clients insight into the quality of service and care at the facility, the conditions they have come to the clinic with, and of course, the improvements that they see. You can check these real video reviews to help make a decision.
For example, here’s the story of Carla W., who received stem cell therapy at Swiss Medica to treat multiple sclerosis in 2016 and was pleased with the success she saw and the care she received from the team. In 2022, she went back following a relapse for a second round of treatment, which she found to be just as excellent as the first time, with significant improvements in her condition, which allowed her to return to her usual activities.
Getting the benefits of stem cell treatment
Patients who receive stem cell therapy from professional centers can take advantage of a number of benefits. This includes relieving symptoms, replacing the need for surgery, improving quality of life, and providing a safe means of treatment.
Swiss Medica in Belgrade, Serbia provides personalized care for clients using mesenchymal stem cells, which are both effective and safe. The team is composed of certified, multilingual healthcare professionals, each with several years of experience under their belts.
Finally, with almost 1200 patients treated, and numerous success stories that you can see for yourself. It can be assumed that Swiss Medica gives patients an effective option for bettering their health with stem cell treatment, which is one of the methods of advanced medicine.